Hello & welcome to Dr. B’s Corner of the World. Here you will find valuable insight into the world of health & well being. Please leave a comment if you found the information helpful!
All the best,
Dr. Bianca Treski Hughes
The importance of spinal care in children is one of the most overlooked factors when it comes to assessing their health. We teach our children to use the potty, brush their teeth and to wash themselves, but we fail to teach them anything when it comes to their spine.
IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT! Chances are the most exposure to spinal care you had growing up was your mother’s persistence to “sit up straight” at the dinner table.
It’s never too late to start a path to spinal wellness for yourself or your children. Common adult-related health issues (back/hip/neck pain, chronic headaches, E.D., and infertility to name a few) begin with a poorly maintained spine as a child.
Please check out this link to a young Texas couple and the miracle brought to them from the caring hands of a chiropractor!
Please visit our Community Outreach Programs page for listings on our community activities!
Do you know the facts?
167,000 children undergo evasive ear tube surgery without good cause. PER YEAR!
Ear tubes are prone to falling out, which requires additional surgery to re-insert them.
A surgeon makes a hole in your child’s ear drum, and the tube is inserted through it. (You actually have to damage the ear drum for this to work? Sounds suspect!)
Ear infections can be both BACTERIAL and VIRAL
Antibiotics WILL NOT treat ear infections that are viral.
Overuse of antibiotics kills good bacteria. (Like the bacteria in that helps digestion in your stomach and intestines.) Is it any wonder then, one of the side-effects of antibiotic use is upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea?
Overusing antibiotics creates drug-resistant BAD bacteria.
To the parents
I must preface that there are Medical Doctors who hold their patient’s care as paramount to their success as their caregiver.
However, concerned parents express their frustration to me about how they feel there aren’t enough options given to them by their Medical Doctor. Often times they are not given an option, just a Doctor’s insistence on “this is how it needs to be.”
A concerned mother came into my office one morning in utter disbelief that her son’s Medical Doctor was pushing ear tube procedures onto her as if it were the standard rather than the exception.
I was shocked when another mother told me her son was on his 4TH ROUND of antibiotics for ear infections within the last few months! THIS CHILD IS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD.
That is not ok.
The Pediatrician has ignored the possibly of the infection being viral. The waste of time and money going to this Pediatrician pales in comparison to huge health risks that face this poor child.
Take the time to do the research. The opportunity to ensure the best health for your children can only be accomplished if you are properly informed.
When you have the knowledge for yourself, you can make the best decision for you and your family!
- What Benefits are there for Newborns to get Adjusted by a CBP Chiropractor? The best benefit of having a newborn adjusted by a CBP doctor is that they have no pressure on their spinal cord at a young age. This allows their bodies to grow at 100%. There have been many times when a child has had birthing trauma. What are birthing traumas? Let’s look at what a birthing trauma ...
- Do Chiropractic adjustments cause strokes? As a Chiropractor, Dr. B gets asked this question all the time. Adjustments do not cause strokes. Let’s start there. There have been a few instances where there have been pre-existing conditions, meaning that the patient had problems with the arteries in their neck, that were undiagnosed problems. The patient then had a negative response to ...
- Why might I have increased pain after an adjustment? Have you ever wondered why sometimes when you get an adjustment you might have increased pain? Sometimes people will have increased pain after an adjustment and one of the main reasons for this is dehydration. A lot of people do not drink enough water and then they get an adjustment and their muscle responds to the ...
- What is the difference between Correction and Pain Management in regards to Chiropractic Care? No two Chiropractors are made the same. Much like there are specializations in other branches of the medical field so too are there in Chiropractic medicine. Chiropractic Biophysics focuses care on correction while the vast majority of Chiropractors focus on patch care or pain management. So what is the difference between correcting and pain management? Correction is ...
- Ergonomics of Raking With fall quickly approaching it’s time we talked about how to rake those leaves properly. Granted leaves don’t weigh much but if you employ poor raking techniques you could easily throw your back out. This is a time when a lot of people are trying to get their yards prepped for the winter and what winds ...