Hello & welcome to Dr. B’s Corner of the World. Here you will find valuable insight into the world of health & well being. Please leave a comment if you found the information helpful!
All the best,
Dr. Bianca Treski Hughes
The importance of spinal care in children is one of the most overlooked factors when it comes to assessing their health. We teach our children to use the potty, brush their teeth and to wash themselves, but we fail to teach them anything when it comes to their spine.
IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT! Chances are the most exposure to spinal care you had growing up was your mother’s persistence to “sit up straight” at the dinner table.
It’s never too late to start a path to spinal wellness for yourself or your children. Common adult-related health issues (back/hip/neck pain, chronic headaches, E.D., and infertility to name a few) begin with a poorly maintained spine as a child.
Please check out this link to a young Texas couple and the miracle brought to them from the caring hands of a chiropractor!
Please visit our Community Outreach Programs page for listings on our community activities!
Do you know the facts?
167,000 children undergo evasive ear tube surgery without good cause. PER YEAR!
Ear tubes are prone to falling out, which requires additional surgery to re-insert them.
A surgeon makes a hole in your child’s ear drum, and the tube is inserted through it. (You actually have to damage the ear drum for this to work? Sounds suspect!)
Ear infections can be both BACTERIAL and VIRAL
Antibiotics WILL NOT treat ear infections that are viral.
Overuse of antibiotics kills good bacteria. (Like the bacteria in that helps digestion in your stomach and intestines.) Is it any wonder then, one of the side-effects of antibiotic use is upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea?
Overusing antibiotics creates drug-resistant BAD bacteria.
To the parents
I must preface that there are Medical Doctors who hold their patient’s care as paramount to their success as their caregiver.
However, concerned parents express their frustration to me about how they feel there aren’t enough options given to them by their Medical Doctor. Often times they are not given an option, just a Doctor’s insistence on “this is how it needs to be.”
A concerned mother came into my office one morning in utter disbelief that her son’s Medical Doctor was pushing ear tube procedures onto her as if it were the standard rather than the exception.
I was shocked when another mother told me her son was on his 4TH ROUND of antibiotics for ear infections within the last few months! THIS CHILD IS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD.
That is not ok.
The Pediatrician has ignored the possibly of the infection being viral. The waste of time and money going to this Pediatrician pales in comparison to huge health risks that face this poor child.
Take the time to do the research. The opportunity to ensure the best health for your children can only be accomplished if you are properly informed.
When you have the knowledge for yourself, you can make the best decision for you and your family!
- Back to School: Backpack Safety It’s that time of year again when kids, teen, and adults are going back to school and that means book bags! So what is the right way to carry your books? Safety First Backpack safety is very important, especially as children are growing. They are carrying heavy textbooks to and from class and they should only be ...
- Can you correct scoliosis? Have you ever noticed that one of your legs might be longer than the other? Or maybe you cannot sleep on your stomach because one of your hips jams uncomfortably into the bed? You may have some degree of scoliosis and it may be correctable. What is scoliosis? Scoliosis is a three-part movement of the spine, rotation, ...
- Should Kids in Gymnastics Be Adjusted? Gymnastics create a lot of trauma for the spine when the children are learning how to do the jumps and tumbles. They wind up putting a lot of extra strain on their bodies along with the falls that happen. This can really cause a lot of misalignments in the spine. Gymnastics can be very hard on ...
- Why do you say “Power Is On!” after every adjustment? Your power is on! Saying that “your power is on” is regarding the body’s ability to process energy from the brain down the spinal cord. The energy that comes from the brain, down the spinal cord, to all parts of the body is what keeps you alive and healthy. If you have subluxations that can slow ...
- Can CBP Chiropractic adjustments help with indigestion? Can CBP Chiropractic adjustments help with indigestion? It can if your indigestion is coming from a structural problem. There are nerves that control your digestive function and digestion, believe it or not, begins in the mouth with your saliva, which is why you should chew your food. Incorporating a lot of saliva into your chewing will ...